Favorite Music of 2012: More Lists, But Shorter Ones
Sure. I guess I should do some music lists.
Favorite Albums From 2012
- Forgetters – Forgetters
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis – The Heist
- Heartless Bastards – Arrow
- The Antlers – Undersea (EP)
- Sleigh Bells – Reign of Terror
Favorite Albums From Before 2012 That I Didn’t Pay Attention To Until 2012
- Archers of Loaf – Icky Mettle
- Daft Punk – Discovery
- Aphex Twin – Come to Daddy
- LCD Soundsystem – Sound of Silver
- Hüsker Dü – New Day Rising
Albums From My “Favorite Albums From 2011” List That I Haven’t Listened To Since 2011.
- tUnE-YarDs – whokill
- Bon Iver – Bon Iver
- The Mountain Goats – All Eternals Deck
Lowest Vinyl Prices For The Three Albums I Want More Than Any Other, According To Discogs
- $250 (Modest Mouse – The Lonesome Crowded West)
- $237.55 (Modest Mouse – This is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About)
- $101.07 (Ugly Casanova – Sharpen Your Teeth)
Artists I Should Have Loved 25 Years Ago, Except I Was Only Eight-Years-Old
- Hüsker Dü
- Dinosaur Jr.
- Archers of Loaf
- Mission to Burma
Songs I Keep Trying To Get My Kids To Love, But They Won’t Have It
- “Intergalactic” – Beastie Boys
- “The Vanishing Spies” – Frank Black
- “(It’s A) Departure” – The Long Winters
- “Swan Swan H” – R.E.M.
- “Red Letter Day” – The Get Up Kids
Favorite Music Habits
- Putting on my headphones and forgetting to turn on iTunes.
- Sticking with the same album over and over again because my iTunes library is too large and I fear choosing a different artist.
- Playing one song from an artist, then pausing it to do something and forgetting to press play.
- Buying an album and forgetting to ever listen to it.
- Listening to actual music.